Information that will convince you to start eating dates
Medjool dates have so many benefits such that listing all of them is almost impossible. In order to fully appreciate what these exotic fruits can do for you, we have to start by looking at their nutritional content.
Medjool dates nutrition
A 100 g serving of medjool dates fruit contains the following;
|Major nutrient||Content value||Vitamin||Content value||Mineral||Content value|
The table above clearly shows how nutritionally rich medjool dates are. If you want more information on medjool dates and California date palm trees you can get it from www.medjool-dates.com.
Medjool dates fruit benefits
Now that we have a better picture of medjool dates nutrition it’s now time that we look at some of the benefits that these fruits bring;
- Medjool dates are a good source of energy. Medjool dates contain a high proportion of simple sugars which are rapidly hydrolyzed to produce instant energy. This characteristic of medjool dates makes them the ideal food to first take after a fasting period.
- Medjool dates have high tannin content. Although tannins are considered to have a non nutritive value they do have some benefits to the body. Tannins can help reduce the risk of kidney damage. Tannins have antibacterial and antiviral properties thus helping treat infections such as herpes and other enteric viral diseases.
- Medjool dates have high dietary fiber which gives this special fruit the ability to reduce cholesterol absorption in the gut and reduce growth of undesirable bacteria. Dietary fiber also reduces damage to the gut (ulcers) and also reduces chances of cancerous growths.
- Medjool dates are a good source of essential vitamins. Vitamins play an important role in maintaining the body’s metabolic systems as well as boosting the immune system.
- Medjool dates have medicinal properties. Medjool dates can be eaten to treat sore throat and mild ulcerations of the GIT. Medjool date palms produce a gum that can be used to treat skin infections caused by bacteria and viruses.
- Medjool date palms provide material that can be used to build houses, fishing boats, baskets, bridges and as fuels. There is no doubt that the benefits of medjool dates are endless and if you want to live a healthy lifestyle you better include medjool dates in your diet.